The club has fleets of Blazes, Lasers, RS200s, Solos and RS400s but no specific classes are supported and all class types are welcomed.
The sailing program covers both competitive and non-competitive sailing from March to May at the Loch of Skene, and June to November at Stonehaven.
The dinghy racing program includes;
- Handicap racing on Saturday and Sunday at the Loch of Skene in the Spring with a 2pm start with 2 races
- Handicap racing on Wednesday evenings at the Loch of Skene in the Spring with a 7pm start with one race
- Handicap racing on Sunday at Stonehaven in the Summer and Autumn with a 2pm start with 2 races
- Handicap racing on Wednesday evening at Stonehaven in the Summer and Autumn with a 7pm start with one race
- One-day club regattas with a variety of formats
- The annual open regatta at Stonehaven on the 17th and 18th August 2019
- Novice racing on a Monday evening
The full schedule of races for 2019 and associated duty rota can be found at ASYC Duty Man.
Results for club racing can be found at Halsail results.
All handicap racing is under the Portsmouth Yardstick. The ASYC Sailing Instructions can be downloaded by clicking on Sailing Instructions 2018
A junior and youth training program runs at both Loch of Skene and Stonehaven and includes a very popular junior training week during the summer school holidays.
Racing at the Loch of Skene is from early March until the end of May. Boats are parked on the grassy edge of the loch with the start line a few minutes sail away. The loch provides excellent sailing conditions with lack of tides and waves providing an ideal beginners environment, however it can be a bit chilly in early March and those capsizing might find their mast stuck in bottom of the shallow loch!
Special events include the Easter Egg pursuit race on Easter Sunday, the Skene Regatta and the Junior Regatta.
Racing is out in Stonehaven bay with boats launching from slipways on the beach in Stonehaven harbour. Sailing is very different from the Loch of Skene with a much larger sailing area, tides and waves of varying sizes!
Special events include the annual Catterline race down the coast to the village of Catterline and the Commodore’s trophy. The clubs annual regatta is held at Stonehaven in the second half of August.