ASYC owns a fleet of dinghies, which are available for hire by members when there is safety cover available and the club boats are not being used for training sessions. During April, may and June all Toppers and RS Feva will be needed for Sunday afternoons. For insurance purposes we are only allowed to hire boats to club members. The fleet comprises:
- 6 Optimists: Our bathtub boats for our youngest Juniors
- 9 Toppers: Ironing board boats for bigger youngsters and suitable for small adults
- 2 RsFeva: Double hander suitable for 2 youngsters or 1 adult and kid. Can be sailed single handed. Both S and XL sails are available
- 1 Pico: Double hander suitable for 2 youngsters or 1 adult and kid. Can be sailed single handed.
- 2 standard Lasers (single hander of Olympic fame) with Full, radial and 4.7 rigs
- 2 Laser 2000: family boat with trapeze. Comes with spinnaker, jib and reefable mainsail.
- 1 Laser Stratos: bigger family boat, akin to Wayfarer. Suitable for 3 adults or a heap of kids with a more experienced sailor. Spinnaker, jib and reefable main
- 1 Blaze: Single handed boat with racks. Very popular boat sailed at ASYC and quite challenging.
- 1 RS200: Double handed adult boat. Privately owned - ask Phil or Ditta if you can borrow this
There is a charge for using club boats of £10 per session for a single hander and £20 per session for a double hander or alternatively a single fee of £97 to cover all club boat hire for the year. Hire of club boats is free to Junior members and to adults during their first year of membership.
Fees should be placed in the BOAT HIRE honesty box located in the kitchen at both Stonehave and Loch of Skene. All sailors are required to wear a suitable buoyancy aid and be competent to handle the boat in the prevailing weather conditions. Boats are to be returned to their place of storage in the condition that the hirer would have liked to have found it in. Any breakage / loss of equipment should be notified to a committee member. A charge may be levied in the event of equipment being damaged by negligence. Please use the system below to book a club boat.
By booking you agree to the conditions of hire above. If a boat does not show as available it is because it has already been booked. Members who are unsure about rigging or sailing any of the club boats should consult a member of the committee.
Club boats are extremely popular. Usually there are plenty of Toppers to go round, but particularly the Lasers are in high demand. If you find that you want to book the same week very week it may be time to buy your own boat. Why not ask fellow club members about their boats if you are wondering what boat to buy - most are happy to lend their treasure if asked nicely and confident they will have it returned safely.